You Can Help Native Bees, Birds & Butterflies
River City Wild Ones will show you how
Creating a landscape with gorgeous, easy care native plants is easier than you think. Adding native plants, shrubs, and trees to your garden provides food, shelter, and habitat for birds and beneficial insects. Removing invasive plants, reducing lawn size, and using natural care also helps heal the earth. Even small changes can make a difference. You can do it, and River City Wild Ones can help.
You’ll Love Growing Native Plants
Michigan’s beautiful native species have lived here for thousands of years. They are your heritage. Do you know them? Not only do they contribute to biodiversity, native plants flourish without fertilizers or synthetic pesticides and rarely need watering. Native plants help us celebrate the things that make our region unique, and teach us about the world of nature.
Grow with Us
- JOIN as a member to receive monthly River City chapter updates, as well as access to national newsletters and other resources.
- LEARN from the experts at our educational programs and field trips.
- CONNECT with the best sources for native plants, and participate in our plant exchanges and sales.
- MEET others who share your interests.
- VOLUNTEER at one of our native gardens or community projects.
Read about our Chapter History
Wild Ones is a not-for-profit environmental education and advocacy organization that promotes environmentally sound landscaping practices to preserve biodiversity through the preservation, restoration, and establishment of native plant communities.